Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday 28 May 2008

While I was gone...

Yesterday I was on holiday and today I went to work hoping that everything would be fine. Well, all were fine but I was a little disappointed when I found out 2 days were spent to figure out how to make a simple amendment *sigh*...that can be done within an hour or two including QA...Then when I was informed (by my Manager..because all development works need to get through to me).....they have not finished anything yet..it actually became worst than expected..my first respond to my Manager was something like this..."oh..isn't that simple...it only involves the script.." then my Manager explained what had happened earlier...(I think he didn't really believe what I was saying)..we received a request from one of our customer in Australia to amend their report...(customised report..) The plan was...if the development work itself is not over than 2/3 hours..we're not going to charge them..which I think my Manager also believed our team can do it within a reasonable time scale...unfortunately..with their kind of approach and thought..they failed..not 1 day..2 days and came up with nothing..

So..my Manager wondered then asked me how..I then explained to him (and the team..)..what and where should the amendment took place..it has nothing to do with the report file (Crystal Report) .... because it was delayed for 2 days..I offered him a hand to do it myself including QA and at the same time (diam-diam) asking our team to continue.. my first 30 minutes in the office today was spent on this stuff then passed over to my Manager..he will do another QA prior to release tomorrow... Frankly speaking, this kind of stuff should have not be a problem for my army to figure out then provide a solution..it just that they have this typical kind of Malay habits..lackadaisical..with their skills..it is unacceptable to not be able to do this simple task..because of the habits of being discourages and un-committed..their willingness to learn, their effort to master in-out about the company's product have created a huge gap between people with skills and people with experience... I hope they would not be reprimanded by the Manager tomorrow regards to this avoidable weakness...usually people with experience wouldn't have a sophisticated solution compared to skillful people of whom have a brilliant imagination also mind then make something out of the extra-ordinary...*difficult made easy*...If you were a Manager who is given the power to hire a new staff..would it be somebody with experience or skills?

Before my Manager left..he asked me if we should charge them or not..well..obviously we shouldn't..mistake was at our end...wasn't it.....He also said that he would probably go to UK earlier than expected (16th June) which indicates it's not going to be easy anymore for me to apply leave...the Management had planned earlier this year that he would be there for about a year to contribute in the User Acceptance Test process...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah sy tau ko IT ni kan....buat pogram hehehe

Anonymous said...

Sia bukan buat program..sia mandur sja ba lady..huhu..