Get cash from your website. Sign up as affiliate
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Wednesday 17 September 2008

Guilty as charged..

So, how you doing?.....to Sabahan people, Happpy Malaysia Day! (yesterday)

Perhaps not many of you know that I'm not entitled to any Malaysian Public Holiday..how weird is that? Our office is in Penang, Malaysia but I'm not entitled to any of the Malaysian Public Holiday...so how on earth I have 25 days of leave per annum? Well, just want to tell that I'm working right at this very moment when most of my friends...holidaying at home...kau off juga ka Mr.Jew? Patut la ko p mogs semalam kan..cis...

OK..I'm alone in the office today and I'm hungry..the mamak stall down there is closed..both developers are off as well..I'm waiting a reply from a customer in Oz in relation to his problem which I requested for a remote in permission to have a look..I have done most of my task earlier today....which is great because I can concentrate on my own thing..to my own mind..not need to consult and guiding developers with their works...

Right..guilty as charged? well..I came in today and checked my emails......I got an email from our CRM Manager asking my view point of the call list sent over by my successor/junior....if only the email was sent to me alone I could possibly cover her mistake or wrong doing..unfortunately the email was also sent to the TD and M'sia Manager...so I was left with no choice that I need to go through each of the calls in our database...then sadly, I found several of the calls were not as mentioned in her list...for example

"Call ID #12345 (updated), Time: 15:33, Apprx Duration: 3.21 minutes"

The word "Updated" means either call-in by customer or call-out to customer. I have lots of call-out mostly due to development work. I would expect to see the call progress been updated around the said time above with its details..however, I couldn't find any and the call was not even dealt by her....nor have her record in there....

So..I really felt guilty but there's no other option other than sharing my findings to them...If I didn't mention that to them, they might have a negative thought towards me..either the CRM Manager or M'sia Manager will actually double check each of the call...usually its the M'sia Manager and at some point he will seek further details of any calls...

After replying the email, I then sent another email to my colleague to mention this to her and advised to re-check her call list...hopefully she didn't intentionaly add the extra calls in her list...well last night alone, according to the emails from my CRM Manager..there were 73 calls answered in UK Support Team..then my successor pula she answered 23 calls..after a deduction from my finding she answered 17 calls...how scary is that if she is accused of her wrong doing..hopefully not..we're lack of staff (Penang) and I've been through the rocky road where I was the only person (available) rotating the shift in Malaysia for a couple of months providing support and consultation to customers between UK-Oz....That was when I opted to ignore my holiday leave and since then..it changed my career in this company..I stop thinking of holiday..reduced the worry for pay rise then concentrate more into performance/improvement..at the end of last year..I was told by our TD and M'sia Manager..the company considers me as an asset to the Penang Office and indirectly to the company itself....nowadays, most internal issues were shared with me...month after weeks..I step forward to contribute in making a decision either in Management or Development...

To my colleague..really hope everthing will be fine....sometimes, I'm not really fond of her attitude....whenever she felt stressed and pressured..she starts whining to look for another job....apa ko bilang tu sweetie..once we give up then it's over...the ultimate/biggest failure ka tu...but we should know when to give up juga ba...I did help her a little bit by sharing my thought what may the reason of her entering a wrong Call ID etc....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

kesian...muahahaha

Anonymous said...

sia ingat ko mau bawa sia mogs jerry...hehe...

Anonymous said...

wel, same with me here..no malaysia day public holiday.
btw terasa sya oh wel, bila ada masalah kerja saja sia pun selalu ckp sama kawan mo cari kerja lain..tp sdh berapa tahun..masih jg kerja sini..cuma pindah upis ja..hihihi no action talk only bah..

Anonymous said...

I was once like that but the more I worked the more I learn ba...no point when you were victim then u want to give up..for me that's when I need to show and prove them that I'm capable of anything as long a I have a guidance along the journey..and thankfully I managed to get to the place I am now...all because of hard work jg...

take it a challenge ba ..but if we really can't then its time to go la..hehe..

Anonymous said...

sy pun nda jg cuti ba kemarin dan hari ini..hehe beer this weekend? ngeh3

Anonymous said...

claire..beer sja ko kan...sia diet suda..kalo ko bawa p jogging ok la.hehe..tp kalu ko yg membelanja ok jg ba...haha..

Anonymous said...

haha..sy sja kunun membelanja

Anonymous said...

ya la..ko saja yg membawa..yg bawa yg belanja..hehe..